Thursday, May 9, 2013

Strike Three

They say bad things happen in three's.  I still haven't figured out who the they are but if I ever do I have a few choice words for them.  Like asking them why they ever gave voice to what should have just stayed a passing thought in their head.  I mean, everyone knows that once you say it out loud, it has to come true.  The universe just can't pass up taunting us that way.

So when this happened last month...  


 Stinkerbell fell face first into the edge of the sand pit tire at school.  Cut on the eyelid that had to be super glued shut and a black eye for a week of two.

...I knew that the other shoe would drop (and then the other).  I just didn't know how long I would have to wait.  Turns out, not long.

We had only been bruise free for about 2 weeks and then this happened (and on the same side...)


She got bit by a classmate.  On the cheek.  No broken skin but teeth marks and a bruise we can still see.

Two down.  We were nearing the end.  I wasn't sure if Stinkerbell was going to pull the hat trick or if MadHatter was going to get in on this game.  I would have preferred that we never found out.  But I didn't even have time to really think about it because only 6 hours later this happened...


Stinkerbell hit her in the nose with her head and broke it.   It's a bit hard to see but she has two black eyes - her left has petechiae all the way to her eyebrow.  Her nose is so swollen there is almost no definition to it.  She is not so happy.

 This is the parenting version of bowling a turkey.  Three strikes in a row.  And all to the face.

I am beginning to worry about taking my kids outside.  Not because they might get hurt but because people are going to start talking about the fact that my kids always seem to have black eyes.  

The only good thing to come of this is that according to the rules of Murphy's law (or something like that) I am now due a couple of pain free, sick free, accident free months.  

Let them begin.  NOW.



No comments:

Post a Comment