Friday, May 10, 2013

Mothers Day at Jardin

Each year the jardin (pre-school) that both of the girls attend puts on a Mother's Day program.  The mothers are given a crown made by their child(ren) and have their picture taken together in a queen's chair.  The mothers are then sent to sit at the back of the room while the children sing songs, recite some poems and dance, dance, dance.  During parts there is an interacitve portion where we all do the hokey pokey and turn ourselves around.  All in all, a lot of fun.  But in the past two years neither of the girls has been much of a participant in the singing/poem reciting parts.  They just turn very shy when standing in front of the class and 40 sets of adult eyes are staring back at them.  I would be too so I don't blame them.

I went to the program this week with the idea that the girls and I would have a good time together.  And we did.  But I was also pleasantly surprised that MadHatter has grown out of her shyness.  She now seems to relish the 40 sets of adult eyes watching her.  Plays to them in fact.  It was great to see her show her personality to the whole room (the one we get to see at home).  I was fun to watch her having so much fun.

As for Stinkerbell, she hasn't quite overcome the shyness.  But that is ok, because together we watched MadHatter sing and dance and enchant.  Maybe next year she will be up there with the rest of them but for now I was quite content to listen to her quietly sing the songs from the comfort of my lap.

Happy Mothers Day indeed!













No comments:

Post a Comment