Monday, May 27, 2013

Puddle Jumpers

When this is your forecast for the day...
And your backyard starts to look like this...
You can do one of two things.  Mope around inside and complain about how the rainy season sucks and this is going to be life in Santiago for the next 3 months.  Or you can make the most of it. 

We chose to make the most of it (I did the moping and complaining part the first year we were here, got out of dodge the second...)


All dressed and ready for some action.  You can't really tell but it is POURING here.

We got right down to the nitty gritty of getting wet.  Soaking wet.  We jumped, ran and sloshed through all of the puddles we could find on our corner of the cul de sac.  I wasn't about to take my good camera out in the downpour so all I have are a few iphone snaps (which I kept almost dry by keeping it under the hood of my jacket).  I do love my iphone pics but the camera does have a fault - it doesn't have a fast enough shutter speed to keep moving objects in focus.   So, my pics are blurry but I still think you get the gist of how much fun we had.  The girls were soaking wet and freezing cold after about 20 minutes so we went inside, dunked ourselves under a stream of hot water and indulged in a warm treat.

Those are the best kind of rainy days.










 I think they had a bit of fun!







No comments:

Post a Comment