Thursday, May 23, 2013

Mampato

Tuesday was Dia de las Glorias Navales (Navy Day) here in Chile.  I don't know all of the details, save what I have read here, but my kids can tell you all about it. And in song nonetheless   And they will sing that song numerous times a day.  Heck, make that numerous times an hour.  Let's just say that I know Arturo Prat figures heavily in this holiday because he is in each and every song and poem my kids recite over and over.  And over.  Again.

And I would like to thank Arturo for the fabulous time we had on Tuesday.  We had been putting off visiting Mampato for the past 2 years.  Not because we didn't want to go, but because from what we hear it is usually very crowded and the wait times rival Disney's.  Add that to the fact that Stinkerbell wasn't tall enough to ride most of the rides until about 6 months ago and you can see why we just kept the whole thing a secret from the kids until this week.

But now the cat is out of the bag.  And I don't think we are going to be able to get it back in again.  They were shocked to find out that there was a place that had rides.  Rides that they could ride alone.  Without an adult.  A park that had junk food and rides.  Did I mention it had rides?  And junk food?  All about 10 minutes from the house.  RIDES.

This was just as good as Disneyland to my girls.  Granted, they won't think that in a couple of years because the park is definitely geared towards kids under 9 (1.5 meters tall) but for now, they were in heaven.  And just listening to their giggles, seeing their smiles and hearing their screams of delight was enough to make me smile, giggle and scream in delight myself.

What great memories we made this Navy Day.  Thank you again Arturo Prat...

Not bad...They charge about $15 per child for the day and $8 for an adult.  And anyone older than 65 or with Downs Syndrome (and a friend) are free!
First things first.  Is she tall enough to ride most rides by herself...Yep, but just barely.
Monster trucks was our first stop!



Roller coaster!



Heading into the Haunted House...
Heading out of the Haunted House...




Bumper Cars!






We all caught a fish!

Time for a junk food snack!
Elephants and...
Balloons, oh my!
And the tower was our last ride of the day.  MadHatter was so excited she rode it with me...
and with B!

And Stinkerbell just said nope, and covered her ears against the noise of it all. 
Until next time Mampato!  Until next time...



































No comments:

Post a Comment