Saturday, February 2, 2013

The New House - A Year Later

February 2nd.  Nothing unusual for us about the day.  Except for the past two years.  For the past two years I have been packing up my entire house and moving it to a new location.  Yep, twice in two years.  To the day.  What are the odds?  

This year I started holding my breath about November.  I was wasn't looking for a moving hat trick.  I just wanted to make it through a full year in one location.  Without having to find a new place and pack up the old one.  Nothing is guaranteed when you work for the company we work for.  And even though we have a 3 year lease on this house, we had one on the last one too.  Look how well that worked out for us.

So, I am glad to say, the day has dawned and with nary a cardboard box in sight.  And I can breathe again.  

I know we will move again.  Sooner, later.  I will be ready for it when it does happen, I just didn't want February 2nd to be moving day in our house every year.  Maybe every other year would be fine...

I haven't posted any pictures of our new house.  Mostly because I didn't want to jinx it...Last time I posted the pics, the house was sold out from underneath us.  Then the second time, they pulled our lease.  Hopefully the third time is the charm.

Welcome, friends and family, to our casa...

The entry way...Please, follow me down this hall  on the right hand side of your picture.  First, coat closet is on your left. Second door is the guest bathroom.  And then you enter the kitchen. 
Very typical kitchen.  Nothing much to see here...head through that wooden door into the dining room please.
Dining room into...
the family room...
Which leads out this back door onto the patio where we eat most dinners for about 6 moths of the year...

That patio can see most of the backyard.  Great place for us all to sit and play on a summer night.  But if there is more serious relaxing to be done, we head even farther back...
To the lounge furniture and back patio.
Back inside to the front hall...
And the office.  That is the door on the right.  This is the house that loves two of everything, right next to each other.
The door on the far left is our bedroom.  I have left this off of our tour...But lets go up stairs...
Round and round we go.  I HATE these stairs.  See that last angled one on your right?  My foot is bigger than it is at it's largest.  Makes for a lot of fun to navigate them in the middle of the night when a child cries.
The Family room.  Upstairs.
Another view...off the right of my desk is the hallway to the girls wing. 
Said hallway.








The girls bathrooms and the girls bedrooms.  Right across the hall from each other and right next to one another.  Like I said, this house likes things in twos.  

I have left out the guest bedroom, our bedroom and the girls rooms.  Private spaces.  But that is the general essence of our house in Chile.  Since I am just getting really settled in, I hope we may get to stay awhile!









No comments:

Post a Comment