Wednesday, January 4, 2012

On the Tenth Day of Christmas





























I can't believe we are 10 days past Christmas already.  Well, maybe I can.  We have traveled to the end of the world and back, celebrated New Year's and made a day trip to the Santa Rita Winery in those 10 days.  Has it only been 10 days since Christmas???  We have so much to talk about with our trip to Patagonia, that I will keep the Christmas recap short and sweet.  I will let the pictures tell the story of our Christmas with a few interruptions (captions) by me.  There aren't a ton because I was too busy enjoying the weekend to stop and take myself out of the situation to capture it.  I did get a few though and I hope you enjoy.  Christmas is already a very happy memory for me.  One I know I will revisit often.  I hope yours was just as full of family, joy, wine and laughter as ours was!

Traditions can't be changed just because it is 85 and sunny until 10 pm on Christmas Eve.  We always open stockings on Christmas Eve, we don't always do it outside in the backyard (new) and we don't usually make them take turns(new) but we thought MadHatter could handle waiting.  
OK Mom, enough pictures.  Just let me open in peace!


MadHatter waiting her turn patiently...well, sort of patiently.
Finally - it was her turn!






Round 2 - this time they really got set out for Santa.
A lot of families read a story on Christmas Eve before putting their kids down.  We do it with a small twist -   Nana and Grampa RECORD the story on the book and then the book reads the story to the girls while we all sit around.  Thanks Tio Ale and Tia Eve for keeping the tradition alive by sending the story this year!!!



So patient...and yet so ready to open these presents.


Her new balance bike was a bit too big...
She really wanted to ride MadHatters new scooter.

We worked up an appetite opening presents all moring...Good thing we had Choripan ready!  Ahhh, the joys of Christmas in summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment