Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Wrapping it up

When I started this blog back in early 2011, we had just moved to Santiago.  I began writing it as a way to document our family's experiences as expats.  I wanted a record, a diary if you must, for our girls to be able to look back on.  Being as they were so little when we moved (and still are), I knew that they would not remember much of their lives in Santiago and I wanted them to have documentation of their years living below the equator.  I wanted them to have first hand accounts, written in the moment, and not told from faulty memories years down the road.  I wanted them to have pictures of what their everyday lives were like and the adventures we went on.  I wanted them to be able to re-live their extraordinary travel experiences.  I did it for them.  I also did it for me.

But, as I mentioned in a previous post, we have come full circle.  After 3 years here in Chile we are off on a new adventure.  One that does not involve living in Latin America, one that does not involve speaking Spanglish.  And I have made the decision that this is the natural place to end this blog.  This is the final post.

But do not fret.  I have not given up blogging.  I just have to start anew. You can now find me over at


Get it?  We now live in Bohemia. Rhapsodizing is to "express oneself in an immoderately enthusiastic manner".   Exactly what I will be doing.  OK, I also thought it was a great play on the famous Queen song...

Thanks for reading Spanglish Accent for these past three years. I would like to say that without you readers it wouldn't have been possible but that isn't true.  I still would have written it, but it wouldn't have been nearly as much fun.  That is the truth.  I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it, and living it.

Here is to continuing to follow wherever life takes us...



"I see my path, but I do not know where it leads.  Not knowing where I am going is what inspires me to travel it."  - Rosalia de Castro

No comments:

Post a Comment