Sunday, December 22, 2013

California Dreamin'

It took us close to 20 hours to get there.  We changed flights twice - once in the middle of the night (3 am!).  But none of that matters when you are going home.  There is no inconvenience too big, no delay too long when you finally hear the squeals of joy that emit from little girls mouths when they see their best friend for the first time in too long.  And the littlest of us might have made some noise too.

We made the decision to spend a week in California before heading to Colorado so that B and I could catch up with friends he hadn't seen since we left almost 3 years before.  We wanted to take the girls back to where they were born and lived for the first, short years (year in Stinkerbell's case) of their lives.  We wanted to relax and enjoy some down time before the craziness of moving around the world started.

And relax and enjoy we did.

I didn't take a ton of pictures.  In fact, my camera didn't make a single appearance for the first 3 days of our stay.  It's not because there was nothing to take a picture of, it is because I was just enjoying it all so much, I didn't want to stop, focus and snap from behind the lens.  I wanted to do it with my own two eyes.

But then we went to Disneyland, and I just can't not take pictures at Disneyland.   So I did.  And it gives me something to show you of our trip.

















We spent some time with old friends...



Got our hairs done by our favorite stylist...



Ate at our favorite places...


And did adult nights out...



And then we had to say goodbye.  But we did it with smiling faces as we know we will be doing this again. Soon.  Maybe on the other side of the world, but it will still be done.





No comments:

Post a Comment