Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Emergency Announcement

We interrupt this blog for a much needed adult vacation.

We will return to our regular scheduled programming after we are done taking a flight (or two) that includes a magazine or a book (not High Lights or "The Hungry Caterpillar"), a glass of wine (no juice boxes for us) and maybe even a nap, and then checking in to a hotel that does not have a roll away bed for me to stub my toe on at 3 am.  After soaking in a hot tub with a glass of wine by my side before heading out to dinner.  A dinner that will involve a pair of too high heels, a sexy dress and actual conversation - maybe even two of them.  Not conversations, dinners.  And the meal will still be hot when I take that first bite.  I will wander around the streets of Buenos Aires holding hands.  With an adult!  I will Tango.  With someone taller than me.  Somewhere outside of my kitchen.  And I will do it without laughing because I keep hearing, "Mom, this is really silly".  In the morning {oh, who am I kidding} In the early afternoon when we wake, we will eat a leisurely breakfast in bed without an extra two sets of arms and legs crawling all over us.  We will listen to the music we want (OK, so I do that anyway) and if I feel like swearing, I will.  I will go where I want, when I want.  Without thought to who is hungry or may need a nap.  Unless of course it is me.  I will wander aimlessly without wondering who else may be wandering aimlessly and walking into on coming traffic. I will relish the silence, bask in the solitude (of being together - is that possible?) and enjoy the respite.

I will be back to the grind soon enough.

I will savor every moment.  Because they don't come around often enough.

And when I have recovered from all of the galavanting around in another country without my kids, I will return to tell you all about it.

Until then, carry on as you were.


No comments:

Post a Comment