Sunday, February 5, 2012

And we are off...

We are finally under way with our move.  Officially, the moving company will be coming tomorrow.  At least I think they are...I have not heard from them since the day they were here two weeks ago to assess the amount of stuff we have.  But I have been assured they will be here.  Consider me assured.  I am too tired to worry. You see, we spent all day moving things over to the new house.  Things we did not want to pack, and then unpack and throw the box and paper away after having used it for all of 30 seconds.

I called my good friend A this morning to ask if she could watch the girls for a bit as they were not being as helpful as they could have been.  I mean, we are only moving 30 yards down the street and it wasn't like I was asking them to carry the other end of the couch.  (Well, I asked but they both looked at me a little funny)  Amazing how whiny a 2 1/2 year old gets after her 4th trip, carrying things like pillows and stuffed animals.  I had totally forgotten that A and her family had just gotten back last night from a week long trip to Patagonia.  At midnight.  I immediately cancelled my request.  But she called back and told me to drop off the girls and pick up her husband.  She said he was much better at picking up the other end of the couch.  She was right.

Thanks to a lot of walking back and forth over the same 30 yards, we were able to move the entire living room, dining room and girls playroom over to the new house.  And the nice thing about doing it once piece at a time - you get to set it up as you go.  Without having to trip over boxes, without having to wad up the paper and throw it away, without lots of people you don't know asking you where things go.  Too bad tomorrow they will proceed to box, wrap and ask.  It was nice while it lasted.

When we finally called it a day, we headed back to A's house to get the girls and realized that we were exhausted but also famished as we had forgotten to eat.  And since they had been gone all week, they had no food in the house.  Pizza it was.  And only just now, after having been home for an hour or so, have I realized that: A babysat my kids all day and G (her husband) moved half of my house in 90 degree heat, and they paid for the pizza - so they bought us dinner on top of it.  I will rectify that quickly but that's some good friends for you!

Only 6 more days of this...At least according to the moving company.  Give me 6 of my good friends and we could have it knocked out in 2.  Right now, I couldn't move another Zooble so I am off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment