Sunday, October 23, 2011

Colchagua, the Kids Version

Our mini-vacation to Colchagua (Santa Cruz) was a lot of wine as I said in my last post, but it was also a lot of great family time.  We know that visiting wineries isn't on the top of the girls list of favorite things so we do our best to make it fun while we are there (carriage rides and cable cars, and a few museums) and we add in a lot of fresh air and free spaces to play.  It does help that the hotel had a playground and so did some of the restaurants.  Kudos to Chile because so many of their restaurants have open air playgrounds for the kids. So, a typically adult vacation of wine tasting was turned into an adventure for the girls. And from the look of the pictures I brought home with me, I think we succeeded.  Enjoy! (BTW - if you click on the pictures, another window will pop up and you can see them better, and in slideshow format).



 




Ready to be on her way!
 







 





That was one good lunch!


Spending her down time doing her favorite thing - coloring!
 









B told them to run to the sign and back...both started strong, but turned around here and said -ALL the way?



MadHatter always loses it after the one good picture.  But hey, I at least get the one good one, right?

Posing the way only Stinkerbell can.



Blowing kisses for Papa!  She said she had so much fun!



2 comments:

  1. Hi! I came across your blog looking for tips on the Colchagua Valley with kids. We live in Vina del Mar. We've been here one year (it's a three year tour)and love it...so far. Anyway, your photos are beautiful, and I enjoyed reading your posts! I started a blog here, too. Come over and check it out!
    -Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa! And I just checked out your space - love it...You are about an hour from us right??? Next time we come that way, we will have to get together and compare stories! And our California stories too, as we just moved from there.

    ReplyDelete