Saturday, January 11, 2014

Happy Birthday MadHatter!

From the moment I first laid eyes on you, I fell in love.  I fell hard and fast and completely.  And I haven't stopped loving you for a single moment in the past 6 years.  In fact, each and every year you draw me in deeper and deeper, if that is even possible.  I always think that there is no possible way that I could love you any more than I already do, and then it happens.  And it's because you are constantly amazing me with your sweetness and your generosity.  You startle me with the depth of your compassion and your ability to love unconditionally makes my heart swell. I could not be more proud of the little girl you have become.

There is so much I want for you in life.  So many things that I hope to teach you.  Not just with words, but by my own example and the guiding hands of those that love you.  As we celebrate your sixth birthday this morning, I want to give you a little look into what I wish for you...

I want you to laugh.  And be silly.  And play.  Even when you are all grown up and have kids of your own.
I want you to have no regrets.
I want you to make sure you fill your bucket.  Each and every day.
I want you to live out loud.
I want you to speak the truth.  And never apologize for it.
I want you to reach for the stars.  Even though you may fall short sometimes, never stop dreaming.
I want you to soak up all of the experiences and all the beautiful and amazing things that you are getting the chance to see.  And then use that to be the most compassionate, understanding and worldly person you can be.
I want you to learn to accept that there are things you cannot change.  And then be able to let them go.
I want you never to take yourself too seriously.
I want  you to learn that your manners are not just a formality, but that they will help you in almost all situations in life.
I want you to be healthy.  In mind, body and spirit.
I want you to make friends.  Good friends.  Lifelong friends.  And then I also want you to make transitional friends - those that are in your life for a purpose, and once that purpose is served, pass out again.  And I want you to be able to let them go without hurt.
I want you to learn there is no such thing as perfection.
I want you to do what you love.  Not because it will make you monetarily rich, but because it will make your soul rich.

But mostly, I want you to be your most authentic you.  I want you to grow and learn and love exactly as you need to.  With guidance from me but without interference.  With nurturing but not smothering.  With love and support.

Happy Birthday MadHatter!  May all of your dreams come true this year and all of your wishes be fulfilled.





No comments:

Post a Comment